Re: SVG Import [Re: Noob can't print right on Win32....]

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, James Michael DuPont wrote:

Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 13:36:08 -0800 (PST)
From: James Michael DuPont <mdupont777 yahoo com>
To: dia-list gnome org
Subject: Re: SVG Import [Re: Noob can't print right on Win32....]

I spent a large chunk of yesterday evening taking SVG files from
OpenOffice, and changing them into .shape files so that Dia would
import
them.
All i had to do was put the svg: namespace in front of every SVG tag
and
change the colour values from rgb(0,0,0) to hexidecimal values then
stick
a few of the Dia <shape> tags and other bits and pieces in either
side of
it.  Despite being really tedious and showing how desperately i need
learn a good scripting language it was easy and worked really well.

please post some examples, xslt and perl are perfect for this.

If i can figure out what happened to my laptop network settings i will
show the before and after of the SVG files i converted.  if actually i get
around to putting together any scripts (not likely) i will certainly make
them available.

Is mise
Alan