Re: simple rotate

On Sun, 24 Nov 2002, Martin Hans wrote:
On Sunday 24 November 2002 03:41, Lars Clausen wrote:
On Sun, 24 Nov 2002, Martin Hans wrote:
One other idea: How about having a version of the zig-zag line that is
rotated 90 degrees so that we'd get a down-left-down behaviour instead
of the current left-down-left, which is a bad choice in about half of
the cases.

I have code in the CVS that will do this somewhat intelligently at
object creation time, and there's a simple way to extend it to all.

The Box and Ellipse objects sets up allowable directions for each
connection point (in _update_data).  The Zigzagline, when created, looks
at those directions and makes itself either down-left-down or
left-down-left according to which are admissible.  To extend this to
post-creation movement, we need to make sure that midpoints stay where
they are.  My idea is to have it have one more segment when going
horizontal at the end, and one less when going vertical.  That way only
one midpoint will be affected.
Just tried it out and it seems to work fine. I would'nt mind making those
changes to shapes as well if you could point me to the file where shapes
are loaded.

Thank you much!  The shapes are defined in objects/custom/custom_object.c
and related files.

Determining the allowed directions automatically should work reliably at
least if the connection points are on the border. I'll try to think about
how to do that.

Generally, yes.  Some shapes might be too strange, but that's ok.  If we
get the majority, we've come a long way.

-Lars