Software Patterns into shapes using UML shapes?

I have tried to create some shapes of the software patterns (Abstract Factory, Builder, etc.) using the UML shapes, however when I export theses as shapes and add them to shape box, the UML shapes loss their UML properties when used. You get a box with a name in it for a class. Is there anything that can be done to work around this?

My approach at this time is to go ahead and make the patterns as drawings and to convert them latter if this behavior changes. My intent is to donate these back to the Dia effort, when I get done.

Dave Hickerson