Re: 0.90 RC2 Installation Problem: Fewer translated items than expected.

Le Tue, May 28, 2002, à 06:02:53PM +0900, Akira TAGOH a écrit:

I agreed. the font name gettextized was one of the ways to
avoid this printing problem. but it's also no more than
avoiding them temporarily. I don't think it's best way.
As I said before, I think it would be nice that Dia has
something like the configuration file for fonts rather than
gettextized font. even it's obsolete for Dia with GTK+2.0
though.

OK, I'll code something for 0.91 instead of the gettextised strings. We'll
just have to brace for a rainfall of "printing doesn't work with $MY_LOCALE"
in the meantime. Not a big deal.

Does any of the gtk2.0 heads know whether Pango or another facility is able
to do the following:

        Given:
                - a font name
                - a unicode character
        Returns:
                - a possibly modified font name, guaranteed to be able to
                display the given unicode character

Of course, with two flavours: one on-screen (I expect Pango to do this), and
one for Postscript fonts only.

        -- Cyrille

--
Grumpf.