Build problems om Solaris

I had a few problems with building dia 0.90RC1 on Solaris 8, mostly
problems with the configure script:

The test for xml2 failed due to a syntax error. I fixed this problem
by editing the configure script to be run by bash instead of Bourne
shell.

The configure script didn't find an implementation to isinf, but
neither took any action to compensate, nor did it issue an error
message. Because of this the symbol isinf ended up being undefined in
the linking. This is a bit odd since the configure script found the
ieeefp.h header-file (wich include the function finite) and could
therefore have set a macro to activate a snippet in dia_xml.c like:

#ifdef IEEEFP
#include <ieeefp.h>
#define isinf(a) (! finite(a))
#endif

A problem that is really a bug in libtool has to do with hard
linking. The filesystem I mostly use is AFS. AFS has the peculiarity
that hard linking is possible within a directory but not between
directories. In the configure script there is a test wether hard
linking is possible, unfortunately this is done within a directory. In
the build process on the other hand linking is done between
directories. Go figure. :-(

There also seem to be a bug in the check for libpng. After that check
all compilations done by configure is done with "-lpng -lz" on the
command-line. This leads failings in all these compilations:

"configure:9508: gcc -o conftest     conftest.c -lpng  -lz 1>&5
pow                                 /opt/gnome-1.4/lib/libpng.so
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest"

The simplest hack to go around this problem was to set CFLAG=-lm prior
to running configure.

--
                - Mårten

mail: msv kth se *** phone:  +46 (0)8 7529933
ICQ:  4356928    *** mobile: +46 (0)707390385