About the zh_CN.GB2312 locale

Hi,

I'm new to dia and I'm pretty interested in
using it, especially to draw diagrams with Chinese
characters. Thus I downloaded the cvs snapshot of 20020509
(may 9 2002), compiled it on a rh7.3 system, and tried
to create a diagram containing Chinese characters.
Here are some observations based on my experience:

o Environment: redhat-7.3, locale: zh_CN.GB2312, XFree86 4.1.0
  (the Chinese input server xcin does not work with the
  XFree86-4.2.0 of rh7.3).

o Configure options: --prefix=/usr --enable-unicode --enable-gnome-print
  (I got segfault with "--enable-freetype" with a certain diagram,
   and compilation fails with "--enable-gnome" because some
   function "gnome_set_sensitivity(?)" is missing).

o Chinese input works. Chinese characters can be correctly displayed
  by selecting one of the two Chinese GB fonts: BousungEG-Light-GB
  and GBZenKai-Medium

o Export to png works, but export and print to PostScript do not work
  (the Chinese characters are simply missing). Another remark: it may
  be a good idea to create postscript files with in-document (vector or
  bitmap) fonts for chinese characters, such documents are perfectly
  portable.

o Export to TeX works, but the Chinese characters are in utf-8 encoding
  (it is desirable that conversion be done by dia according to current
  locale when exporting).

I hope that someone may look at the problems stated above.

LB