Re: XSLT Transformer plugin

At 23:19 20.05.02 +0200, Mattam wrote:
Le Mon, 20 May 2002 22:22:37 +0200, Hans Breuer a écrit:

do you mean the dlopen known as LoadLibrary/GetProcAddress on win32 :-)
If the code is prepared to do truly dynamic (=runtime) linking
with ELF binaries it should be simple to make it cross-platform
with the gmodule api, i.e. g_module_open/g_module_symbol.

Though on win32 if a plug-in is linked against a non existing
library Dia (or better gmodule) simply refuses to load it.
That is: there already is code to handle the error gracefully.

Could you tell me where to find such code? I was thinking of #ifdefs
to handle win32 builds, but this seems more general and elegant.

It's all used in Dia: see lib/plug-ins.c
gmodule is part of glib.

The other side (here your XSLT library) normally would require some
G_MODULE_EXPORT, but if it is libxslt the required functions are
already exported.

        Hans