Re: RE: Freetype problems under RH7.3

Le Tue, May 21, 2002, à 11:32:23AM +0930, Young, Robert a écrit:

If it exists, we can use it.  In fact, we can include
hard-coded common
font paths as well.  The more the merrier.

Should I put this in diarc? I don't think it belongs in the preferences
dialog, and if we include enough defaults for most of the known world, the
FAQ can point them to playing with diarc? Mind you, this question is posed
before I look at the code...

Hmmm... Since the reason for this setting would be the lack of a working
font path with the system (almost a bug in the OS' XF86Config, IMO), thus
the lack of a bunch of fonts (a detectable condition), we could even pop a
message up (ONCE !) pointing the user to the manual/to the FAQ on how to
tweak this diarc setting. This would help us be very comfortable with
ignoring PEBKAC/googlelessness/lack of FAQ-reading skills-type of questions
on that topic.

        -- Cyrille

--
Grumpf.