Re: Review of Keybindings [Re: Dia's user interface]

On Sat, 04 May 2002, Hans Breuer wrote:
At 12:33 03.05.02 -0500, Lars Clausen wrote:
[...]

You know, I just noticed that you can have a tabbing widget with the tabs
to the left.  It's not quite a tree, but with the reorganization we
talked about earlier, it would probably be nicer, and it should be easy
to change into a tree if so desired.  I believe the tree widget is
getting an overhaul in Gtk2.0, so that change may need to wait until
then.

Since Gtk+ 2.0 was released on 11th of March it should possiblly read:
The tree widget already got an advanced replacement, or from the
official release announcement:

[...]
New widgets and widget improvements:
  [...]

  * GtkTreeView - a flexible widget for tree and list display, with
    features such as a model-view split for abstracting data storage
    from display, the ability to create custom models to accommodate
    large data sets, versatile display/rendering features, and
    editable data cells.
[...]
See:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2002-March/msg00228.html

Yes, I looked at the docs (they really need some snapshots), and it doesn't
look like there's a direct equivalent of the tabbing environment.  I'm sure
it's easy to make, but it won't be in Glade, at least for a while.

-Lars