Re: Dia plugins and C++

On Fri, 3 May 2002, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
According to Cyrille Chepelov <cyrille chepelov org>:
Le Thu, May 02, 2002, à 10:02:57AM -0500, Lars Clausen a écrit:

Certainly if you change Dia, you must either not redistribute it or
send out the source along with it.  Plug-ins I'm not so sure about,
shapes are probably not covered.  But IANAL.

For plug-ins it's up to "us" (ie, all holders of bits of copyright to
the dia code): either we make a Linus Exception (and /all/ agree to do
it), or the basic GPL applies and denies this.

IMHO plugins are GPLed because Dia is GPLed.

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#TOCGPLAndPlugins

Given the way our plugins are heavily integrated, any new plugins would
certainly be GPL'ed.  Unless we choose to make an exception, like Linus and
ALSA has done.  I think shapes would not be covered, as they a) are not
code, and b) could be easily used in other programs.

-Lars