Re: Help out with Dia (was Re: Minor dia build error?)

On Sun, 23 Jun 2002, Andrew Ferrier wrote:
On 2002-06-23 at 16:26 +0200, Hans Breuer wrote:

A look at the mailing list should show that Dia currently has
_massive_ changes. If you don't plan to help on this it
probably would be better to not use the cvs version for the
next few days ...

OK, this bug has been taken care of by Cyrille now anyway, but
this does raise a point I've been wanting to mention...

I find myself relatively rich in free time at the moment, and
I'd like to help out with Dia. I'm not sure of the best way to
go about this and I was wondering if one of the maintainers or
more mature project members could suggest something.
[...]>
I'd like to trying working on something like that, and submit a
patch at the end (have to figure out how to use patch too --- I
know I'm missing a lot of knowledge here but I've just left
Imperial College with a Master's Computing degree and I'm a
fast learner (sorry about that bit of boasting there but I'm so
glad to be free of uni. at last! Woohoo! Real world here I
come! Or something...)

The easiest way to do stuff that doesn't conflict with ours and isn't too
GTKish is to work on plugins, either import/export or objects.

For some ideas for stuff to do, see
<URL:http://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?product=dia&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_severity=enhancement&email1=&emailtype1=substring&emailassigned_to1=1&email2=&emailtype2=substring&emailreporter2=1&changedin=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&short_desc=&short_desc_type=substring&long_desc=&long_desc_type=substring&bug_file_loc=&bug_file_loc_type=substring&status_whiteboard=&status_whiteboard_type=substring&keywords=&keywords_type=anywords&op_sys_details=&op_sys_details_type=substring&version_details=&version_details_type=substring&cmdtype=doit&namedcmd=0.88.1&newqueryname=&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&form_name=query>

Those are all our enhancement requests.

A new import/export filter is also always welcome and fairly easy to do.

-Lars