Re: Pango change, first^Wsecond baby step !

On Sat, 22 Jun 2002, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:
Le Sat, Jun 22, 2002, à 03:29:28PM +0200, Hans Breuer a écrit:

          It's one of the directions I'll try to tweak your
first public version. The goal simply is to keep the objects
font access as clean and simple as possible. And do the
scaling of fonts in the renderers with the most appropriate
- not yet choosen - algorithm.

Hmmm, yes.

One thing which becomes more and more self-evident as I convert objects,
is that we almost *never* ever use a DiaFont without passing a size
argument as well. This pleads for putting the (nominal) size >inside<
DiaFont...

Remember that the objects don't pass a size that's useable by Pango, it
first has to be converted by the zoom factor of the display.  Which means
that we can't hope to this:

I think we could make this look similar to

     /* Objects care for a specific font in a dia_unit.
      * Currently the font family/face and the size are
      * still splitted. If they become merged the standard
      * GtkFontSelection widget could probably be used to
      * let the user choose
      */
     obj->font = dia_font_new ("Courier 12")

Yes.  The string would be a stringified PangoFontDescription -- that way
we don't even need to parse it.

because we always have to parse the size.

-Lars