Re: Dia 0.90 on Solaris

Dimitri Papadopoulos wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to build Dia 0.90 on Solaris. I get the following error:

        $ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/dia-0.90 --with-libart-prefix=/usr/local/libart
        [...]
        Configuration:
                Source code location:   .
                Compiler:               cc

                Libart (AA rendering, png export):      yes

                Gnome support:                          no
                Build bonobo component (not supported): no
                Gnome-print support (not recommended):  no

                Python support:                         no
                (LIMITED) Freetype support:             no

        Unicode not present. This will NOT build.
        Now type make to build dia.
        $
        $ gmake
        [...]
        cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. [...] -c diagramdata.c
        cc: Warning: illegal option -finline-functions
        cc: Warning: illegal option -fstrict-aliasing
        "./charconv.h", line 149: cannot find include file: <unicode.h>
        "./charconv.h", line 150: syntax error before or at: unichar
        "./charconv.h", line 150: warning: old-style declaration or incorrect type for: unichar
        "./charconv.h", line 192: syntax error before or at: charconv_utf8_get_char
        "./charconv.h", line 192: warning: old-style declaration or incorrect type for:
charconv_utf8_get_char
        "./handle.h", line 22: warning: forward declaring enum: _HandleId
        "./handle.h", line 23: warning: forward declaring enum: _HandleType
        "./handle.h", line 24: warning: forward declaring enum: _HandleMoveReason
        "./handle.h", line 25: warning: forward declaring enum: _HandleConnectType
        "diagramdata.c", line 429: warning: operands have incompatible pointer types: op "=="
        cc: acomp failed for diagramdata.c
        [...]
        $

What is this <unicode.h> file? Why is it needed? Could someone
help me work around this problem?

Dimitri

Edit the config.h file and comment the macro definition below (be carefull, there
are two such lines in the file, maybe to be sure UNICODE_WORK_IN_PROGRESS
is defined ;-)
/* Cyrille's work towards UTF-8 */
#define UNICODE_WORK_IN_PROGRESS

Then it will compile. Maybe Cyrille will be able to say what won't work
after that.

--
Philippe Levérone.