Re: Pango, UTF-8 & Latin1

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Alejandro Aguilar Sierra wrote:
Hello:

With dia+pango, I can't write Latin1 (iso8859-1) caracters. In fact, if I
load an old dia file with latin1 characters it gives this error:
kina.dia:69: error: Input is not proper UTF-8, indicate encoding !
            <dia:string>#Hoñalán#</dia:string>
                           ^
kina.dia:69: error: Bytes: 0xF1 0x61 0x6C 0xE1
            <dia:string>#Hoñalán#</dia:string>

Maybe this is a silly question, but how can I manage this?
Is it not supposed that Latin1 will be supported until everywhere is used
UTF?

What does the that of that Dia file say?  There should be an encoding on
the very firt line.  Is this a very old file?

-Lars