Re: converting a DIA file to PNG in Batch

"Lars" == Lars Clausen <lrclause cs uiuc edu> writes:

    Lars> On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, Basile STARYNKEVITCH wrote:
    >>  Dear All,
    >>
    >> is there a clean way to convert a DIA file to PNG in batch
    >> mode?
    >>
    >> The obvious answer
    >>
    >> dia -e foo.png foo.dia
    >>
    >> does not suit me, because it does not work in batch mode.
    >>
    >> To run this command, you need an X11 display:

    Lars> A batch processing option is on our wishlist.  It has only
    Lars> now become possible at all since Pango is now used for
    Lars> rendering fonts.  We haven't yet gotten to where we try to
    Lars> avoid opening a display for conversions.  But it shouldn't
    Lars> be too difficult (I think).  Please file us a bug report
    Lars> about it, it's been asked for before.

Thanks for the quick reply.

For information, the following command works to run a Xvbf server to
bypass the bug:

startx "/usr/bin/env DISPLAY=:1 /usr/bin/dia -e $HOME/tmp/foo.png $HOME/tmp/foo.dia" -- /usr/X11R6/bin/Xvfb
:1 -once -nolisten tcp

I am filling a bug report now.

--

N.B. Any opinions expressed here are only mine, and not of my organization.
N.B. Les opinions exprimees ici me sont personnelles et n engagent pas le CEA.

Basile STARYNKEVITCH   ----  Commissariat à l Energie Atomique * France
DRT/LIST/DTSI/SLA * CEA/Saclay b.528 (p111f) * 91191 GIF/YVETTE CEDEX
phone:+33 1,6908.6055; fax: 1,6908.8395 home: 1,4665.4553; mobile: 6,8501.2359
work email: Basile point Starynkevitch at cea point fr
home email: Basile at Starynkevitch point net