Re: FreeType looses font styles on save/load (with patch)

On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, Harvey and Su Thompson wrote:
Hi all,

I'm currently using dia-0.90 to produce some UML class and sequence
diagrams for my MSc -- I was recommended it by a work colleage and it
seems to do exactly what I need.  I'm running on SuSE 8.0 and compiled
with FreeType support, since it SEGV as described elsewhere in the
mailing list.

Anyways, I've noticed it doesn't save the font styles for diagrams.
Mostly notably abstract classes loose their italics (all the fonts loose
their boldness which is less important).  Quick glance shows that this is
FreeType specific, and I've included a small patch to save/load the
style, which seems to work for me.

Keep up the good work!  With this and OpenOffice I'm free at last!!!

Thank you for the heads-up.  Since we have changed to GTK 2.0 in CVS, the
Freetype stuff has disappeared (thankfully), and the new code preserves
font style nicely.

-Lars