Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: cant run dia on windows

Hi Sartaj,

----- Quoting from Original Message -----
From: sartajsingh <sartajsingh rediffmail com>
To: <dia-list gnome org>
Sent: Friday, 08 February, 2002 00:47
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: cant run dia on windows

Kind of monoton music this; "Re: Re: Mi: Fa: So: La: Ti: Do: Doo-bi-doo"
would be slightly better, wouldn't it?
(Sorry, couldn't resist...)

I did set HOME=c:\jdk1.3 jsut to make itr an existing
directory . now when I run dia I dont ge tthat error

OK, so the HOME thingy is working now.
(If you don't mind messing up your Java...)

screen in the background but I get other errors when
I was experimenting and pressed diagram trees.

Perhaps not start with the diagram tree. (This is a recent addition.) Nice
feature, but maybe not the place to start...

ALso how does one make UML diagrams . whenever I try
to pull something , the object just goes back to its original menu
position.

I'm not sure if I understand your problem here. But try this:
1. "File | New" to get a new canvas window
2. Click on on of the objects /elements (a box for instance), so that it's
button looks "sunken" (depressed). Don't drag!
3. Don't drag! Just _click_ in the canvas window. Hopefully a new element
should now be added, corresponding to the button that was depressed.

Apologies if I was mistaken about your problem here!

Best regards,

    -+-Ben-+-