Re: Structuring DIA sheets

On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, Christophe Ponsard wrote:

There's been some discussion recently.  We're thinking of having a
treeview for it.

A simple and natural design !  I guess we will have to consider adding
new tags
to the XML sheet descriptors to have the information to build that tree.
Eg.
<category>network</category>
<subcategory>cisco</subcategory>

Point. <subsubcategory>routers</subsubcategory>.  That won't be easy to
manipulate, though.  Maybe allow manipulation in the Sheets & Object dialog.

I'm not sure what it'd mean to associate a (subset of) a sheet to a
diagram, could you explain further?  Dia allows you to mix elements from
different diagrams.

My concern was only for the UI level. When working on diagram mixing
many sheets
it is cumbersome to constantly switch between them. So my idea here is
to have another
view in which you could open only the few sheets you are currently
working with.

The Sheets & Objects dialog allows you to build your own sheet.  But an
interesting possibility is to automatically generate a temporary sheet that
contains just the objects in the diagram.

Maybe this could be done using a tabbed pane: a tab with the global
tree view
and another one with the few working sheets (the last would not
necessary have to
be a treeview and would be diagram-contextual)

Maybe...

-Lars