Re: Structuring DIA sheets

There's been some discussion recently.  We're thinking of having a treeview
for it.

A simple and natural design ! I guess we will have to consider adding new tags
to the XML sheet descriptors to have the information to build that tree.
Eg.
<category>network</category>
<subcategory>cisco</subcategory>

I'm not sure what it'd mean to associate a (subset of) a sheet to a
diagram, could you explain further?  Dia allows you to mix elements from
different diagrams.

My concern was only for the UI level. When working on diagram mixing many sheets it is cumbersome to constantly switch between them. So my idea here is to have another view in which you could open only the few sheets you are currently working with.

Maybe this could be done using a tabbed pane: a tab with the global tree view and another one with the few working sheets (the last would not necessary have to
be a treeview and would be diagram-contextual)

christophe