Re: New Shapeset -- What Will I Need To Do...?

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002, Alan Horkan wrote:

On 30 Aug 2002, Lars Clausen wrote:

Date: 30 Aug 2002 14:10:30 -0500
From: Lars Clausen <lrclause cs uiuc edu>
To: dia-list gnome org
Subject: Re: New Shapeset -- What Will I Need To Do...?

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:
Le Fri, Aug 30, 2002, à 07:08:01AM -0700, Andrew S Halper a écrit:
[...]
Maybe we should begin to look at doxygenating the project ? OTOH,
while doxy rules on C++ (and reportedly on Java as well), I'm not
convinced it's that stellar on C code (especially AHOOC (Ad-Hoc
Object-Oriented C) like dia or gtk).

There is also GtkDoc
http://www.suse.com/en/products/suse_linux/alpha/packages/gtkdoc.html
I dont know if it is any use though.

Judging from the results I get when googling for it, I'd say no.

I'm much in favor of some kind of in-line documentation, it's a lot
easier to keep up to day.  Haven't tried Doxygen yet, but I like the
look of it.  I'm getting used to JavaDoc, this looks similar enough.

Javadoc rules, i dont know how anyone ever managed without autogenerated
documenation based on the inline documention

They were sharp-minded and disciplined.  Or maybe nobody could figure out
how to use the programs.

Another thing we could do would be to start a Wiki to shape the dia
internals documentation (using various archive posts, if someone wants
to dig them out...). I'm going to look at installing one somewhere.

Ugh, yuck.  Wiki
learn yet another markup.  Abiword recently started using Twiki.
http://abisource.com/twiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome

it is simple enough but the interface is clunkey, when you are using
Twiki you know you are using Twiki and it does not exactly blend in with
the rest of your website.  You have to use its own custom markup, which
is real pain when you know html and are well used to adding a little html
from using Slashdot and suchlike.

It's good for emerging docs of an explanatory nature.  The reference docs
should be in doxygen.  And once a TWiki doc is in good shape, we can just
snip the HTML it produces and call it a regular webpage.

-Lars