RE: WIN32 compilation, the spirit of GNU software.

my 2 cents...

1.  Hans, thanks for the outstanding work you've done
on porting Dia to win32.  On behalf of Dia win32 users
and developers such as myself, I sincerely hope we
don't lose your expertise!

2.  Whether its Mike or Hans (or whoever) that has the
inclination to make the win32 port easier to build,
I'm all for it!   I'd offer to help with the win32
port/build environment, but I don't feel that I have
the necessary expertise.  Maybe I could help with some
build documentation, though?

3. What M.DuPont said about encouraging developers to
contribute evoked an "AMEN!" from me...fighting to get
a win32 build of Dia nearly drove me away.  I'm not
complaining --rather simply stating that it was a
painful experience for an apprentice Dia developer
such as myself to get a working win32 (MSVC) build
from CVS source.

regards, Mike Garnsey

--- James Michael DuPont <mdupont777 yahoo com> wrote:

I know what you mean, rob, and I see can see it from
you perspective.
But can you try and see it from mine?