Re: new user question

At 07:47 23.08.02 +0200, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:
Le Fri, Aug 23, 2002, à 12:42:20AM +0200, Hans Breuer a écrit:

I was not aware of that.  Sounds like a good addition.

libwmf is about reading windoze meta files. The wmf plug-in
writes them ...

heh, wouldn't a WMF import plug-in be useful too ? ;-)

Not really. To me WMF appears to be far too windoze specifc. And
there is probably noone who has stored his valuable diagrams
only in wmf. Too much effort for too less gain.

(to your knowledge, is there any library besides GDI32.EXE, which writes
WMF/EMF ?)

I'd expect some wine lib to expose these capabilities. But if it is
only to make Dia save WMF on all platforms dia/plug-ins/wmf/wmf_gdi.cpp
would probably a better starting point :

 * WMF_GDI is an implementation of Windoze GDI functions required
 * for saving of Windows Meta Files, if the Win32 API isn't
 * available. It isn't finished yet but shoud be easily extendable
 * for someone interested in Dia WMF support on non Windoze
 * platforms.

        Hans