Re: new user question

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002, Alan Horkan wrote:

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002, Maiorana, Jason wrote:

Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 17:58:29 -0400
From: "Maiorana, Jason" <jmaiorana idirect net>
To: dia-list gnome org
Subject: RE: new user question

i would like to know how to
integrate a drawing in my document word, for i use it
to write a report, and i need these drawings made
by dia in my document.

since hicham brought it up, has anyone considered
the feasability of making a dia bonobo-component?

that would not help windows users though would it.

would be pretty cool though, view dia attachments directly in
Evolution/Nautilus, maybe use plugger so you could see them in Mozilla
too.  http://fredrik.hubbe.net/plugger.html

There was some work on bonobo support a while back, but I don't think it
ever got finished.

I have wondered for ages why WMF support in Dia is windows only?
libwmf is cross platform
http://www.wvware.com/
http://www.csn.ul.ie/~caolan/docs/libwmf.html

(Abiword use libwmf too i think, says Alan cheerleader for code reuse!)

I was not aware of that.  Sounds like a good addition.

is there a policy on HTML email?

I think the policy is that all html email must include
a 1x1 transparent bitmap which is requested from a
cgi script on a spam-server, passing it your vital
statistics as an argument :)

dont forget to also attach the obligatory virus of the week

Microsoft!
http://www.satirewire.com/news/0103/outlook.shtml

Preferably, it should add a pop-under ad that transmits your every
keystroke to the FBI.

Dia-list mailing list
Dia-list gnome org

Dia
http://www.lysator.liu.se/~alla/dia/

(just doing my bit to help skew search engine ratings by including lots
of links in my emails for when they get archived).

I'm not going to guess at the article number for this article.

-Lars