Re: Announce: xsd2dia

On 2002-08-19 at 16:18 -0700, Johann Tienhaara wrote:

I just wanted to announce the availability of a Tcl script to
reverse-engineer XML schemas into UML class diagrams for Dia.

This looks like a very interesting program. I ran it over an
XML schema I wrote a while back and it produced no output.
However I prefixed my tags with <xsd: rather than <xs:, which
is another commonly used convention (and also technically valid
I think), which is probably what caused the problem. This is
not a complaint: you did say there were some bugs!

If you did continue to maintain this, this would be great for
the Dia/XML/UML-using folks I think (I know you said twice you
wouldn't, but even occasional bug-fixes would be better than
none and few know Tcl!). Even if not, could I propose that a
link to this be added to the website? (I'd submit a patch to
CVS myself only I haven't the first clue how the Dia web CVS
works).

Pretty good work!

Cheers,
Andrew.