Fwd: Intent on compiling DIA with gnu tools

This is what I intend on doing.
mike

--- James Michael DuPont <mdupont777 yahoo com> wrote:
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 11:36:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: James Michael DuPont <mdupont777 yahoo com>
Subject: Intent on compiling DIA with gnu tools
To: gnuwin32-devel lists sourceforge net

Dear friends,
I am trying to get the tools that are needed to
compile gnome dia.

The current port is almost impossible to compile,
and I would like to use the mingw compiler chain to do this.
http://hans.breuer.org/dia/default.htm

I have installed ming, and msys.

The packages that I want to compile are :
 * libiconv-1.7
 * gettext-0.10.40

Now the tricky bits might be :
 * gtk+-1.3.0
 * glib-2.0.4

Well, that is the plan, here are the problems :

1. When compiling libiconv, it wants to run ranlib on nothing!
  I had to ignore that error, cannot figure it out.
  /usr/bin/install.exe -cpD -m 644 .libs/libcharset.a
  c:/progra~1/libiconv/lib/libcharset.a
  ranlib c:/progra

2. when compiling gettext, The makefile.sed is broken, i have to go
back to the cygwin sed.

I was wondering how you build these packages,
and if there is any way for me to build them? What tools do I need to
install? can you help?

Thanks,

Mike

=====