Re: Dia shapes and complex SVG

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, David Nedrow wrote:
Has anyone tried using a dedicated vector editing tool like Adobe
Illustrator to create the Dia shape?

I'd like to be able to export an Illustrator file to SVG and use that for
the shape file in Dia. I know I would at least have to wrap the svg
directives in the <shape> tags. Does anybody know if this is possible?

The better way (though more programming-intensive at first) would be to
make an SVG importer for Dia.  If you like, take a look at the XFig
importer and copy structure from there.  It may seem roundabout, but a)
it allows us to import *any* SVG file, and b) we can use Dia in conversion
mode to make the shapes.

-Lars