Re: angled text field

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Pim van Pelt wrote:
Hi folks,

I was wondering if there is any planned support for placing texts under
an angle in stead of horizontal only. This can come in useful for
example when one draws maps of a city (street names) and also for
network diagrams (linkspeed for example).

There are plans to have generic rotation for all objects, but that is
currently just a plan.  The necessary low-level support (in particular font
rotation for both Gdk and Freetype) is there, but we don't have the
infrastructure in Dia to actually rotate.

-Lars