Re: dia-shape-ns

On 6 Sep 2001, Lars Clausen wrote:

On Thu, 06 Sep 2001, Carol Farlow Lerche wrote:

Sorry if these questions have been answered -- I'm new here, and
haven't seen them answered in the archive.

1.  I'm wondering if the name space definition from the dtd's found in
the doc directory of the distribution exist somewhere?  It is currently
coded as "http://www.daa.com.au/~james/dia-shape-ns"; which is not
accessible.

I should love to see that as well.

namespace URIs are not meant to be resolved.  They are just required
to be unique identifiers for a particular XML grammar.  It is highly
unlikely someone else would use that URI :)

2.  Could someone comment on the differences in svg files used by
and exported by dia versus the W3C draft?  I would like to try building
a set of custom shapes but would like to build/validate them against a
DTD
or schema in XML-spy to make sure they are kosher.  Articles elsewhere
in
the archive seem to imply that dia accepts a subset of svg, but what
subset?  (Again, I apologize if this has been answered.  Perhaps it
is a candidate for the FAQ or the documentation.)

It's not formally defined, but it's described in the doc subdirectory of
the sources.

There is a dtd for shape files in the doc/ directory as well (shape.dtd).
I haven't tested it much, but it gives a formal specification of what dia
supports.  The doc/custom-shapes file gives more detailed documentation
about writing shape files.

James.