Re: ERD - or creating lines.

Nick Davies wrote

        I'm quite new  to dia (it's very nice). I'm just wanting to know if
there are any ERD (entity relationship diagram) sheets available for
dia, or failing that how do i create line objects in my own sheets. I
know how to create shapes to be placed in a diagram, But i'm wanting to
know how to create the lines needed for an erd (crowsfeet etc...)

It's...er..."scheduled". My long term pipe-dream is to have IDEF1X and an IE ("crows-feet") sheets (or objects even). Unfortunately I'm rather preoccupied with unpleasant things right now. We're currently using the UML sheet for ERDs, and there are a few tools to "foward-engineer" them into SQL (though none in CVS at the moment).

One that is particularly difficult to install is here:

ftp://az.water.usgs.gov/pub/ashalper/src/dia/plug-ins/sql-0.02.tar.gz

Andy