format conversion between DIA and graphviz (dot)?

The graphviz package, "dot" program does graph layout from a graph
description given in a simple text format.
It outputs a couple formats (not XML though).  Has anyone written
anything to transform the formats used by DIA and graphviz?

There is an obvious benefit to being able generated a graph in DIA
format from a (layout free) textual format.

If I find nothing here, I'll likely write a perl script to fullfill
something like:

dot -Tplain mygraph.dot | dotplain2dia.pl > mygraph.dia

-sp-

P.S.
graphviz is described at: http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz

P.S.S. I fantasize that I have a tools that completely integrates DIA
and graphviz so that I can do automatic layout, transformations,
filtering AND easy manual editing with the same tool.