From: Sergey V. Udaltsov [mailto:sergey oudaltsov clients ie]
Sent: Thursday, 1 November 2001 10:18 AM
To: dia-list gnome org
Subject: Dia + OO

Hi all

Nowadays, the most popular office under linux is OpenOffice. It is
rather stable and effective. But it really lacks something
like Dia. So
one of my greatest problems these days is how to integrate them well:
simple, getting nice-looking result. In particular, I am extremely
interested in good practices of including dia diagrams into OO
documents. The best (shortest and giving best result) way I found is:
1. Export from dia to eps
2. Using Gimp for converting eps to png
3. Including png into OO (638c).
Does anybody know something shorter? Do dia developers think
about some
way of interaction with OO? I know dia supports bonobo (well, it is
almost there) but unfortunately OO does not:(. I realize, first of all
Dia is GNOME product but ...

Regards,

Sergey