Re: Dia + OO

Hi All!

Since both use XML, isn't this just a case of object model translation?

On Friday 02 November 2001 06:19, you wrote:
On 1 Nov 2001, Sergey V. Udaltsov wrote:
Hi Vlad

 OO allows to insert .eps files too (but it doesn't display them - it
just embeds the file when printing the document it's inserted in). Have
you tried it?

Yes but I just did not know OO is able to print images which it is not
able to show. I lived in WYSIWYG world for too long. So when I see
nothing instead of my image I just think OO is not able to understand
it:)

 I agree that it's counter intuitive - but MSWord handles .eps files
exactly the same way. An it's the only true way (though it may be easy for
MS to implement it for MacOS X with its postscript-based display engine).

 But IMO OO should implement support for importing of SVG ASAP - then
everything will be as user friendly as you wish.

I look forward to get the next version of OO for this...

 It seems I was misunderstood. OO has no SVG import support, nor it's being
developed AFAIK. This is too bad. There is no need to check next version of
OO for presence of SVG import - it won't be there since it seems the work
on it haven't been started yet.

 Best regards,
  -Vlad