Relax-NG(was XML Schema)

Wow, much cleaner and the vocab is not as daunting as XSchema's.  I still
have to get a grasp of things like interleave and grammar but I just took
a quick glance at the docs.  Well if James Clark is working on this then
it has got to be good.  I like his keep it simple attitude.  Am I correct
in saying that without him we would just have DOM and no SAX?  Well,
whatever I'm all for working on a RELAX-NG implementation on top of
libxml.  Is there any compelling reason for using XSchema's?  As for
XEXPR I think we want to avoid doing functional work in XML. Thanks for
the tip Harry.

--J5

Harry George wrote:

As you study XSchema, please keep in mind that a lot of folks who
like the general idea of "something better than DTD's" think XSchema
is an abomination.  Consider:
  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/relax-ng/

This combination of TREX and RELAX has the attention of some heavy
hitters in the XML parsing world (e.g., James Clark, Norm Walsh).

Further if procedural/functional definition is needed, consider
XEXPR:
  http://www.w3.org/TR/xexpr/