speed of write to database file

Hi Daeyeol,

Richard has just informed me that he has tested the speed of writing to file and found that he could write 300 trials each containing 10k (=5 seconds of record with an int for both x and y channels at a rate of 250 sample per second) of simulated eye data to the database in 1sec. It would therefore seem that speed to disk will not be a problem given that the eye data will be the majority of a trial's data. That said I do need to get the full details of what other than the eye data was being written to the file for each trial to be certain that the test as completely realistic.

Dominic

Dominic Barraclough, PhD

Room 176
Center for Visual Science