Error Messages

I downloaded the single file 0.88.2 Dia file and saved it to d:\dia on a PIII 866MHz with 256 Megs.

When I open Dia if get a DOS box with the following error message:

** WARNING **: Could not create per-user Dia config directory

GLib-CRITICAL **: file gstrfuncs.c: line 197: assertion `string1 != NULL' failed
===========================

When I fiddle with the program, I get a string of the following error messages.

Gdk-WARNING **: gdkgc-win32.c:934: ReleaseDC failed

Gdk-WARNING **: gdkgc-win32.c:934: ReleaseDC failed

Gdk-WARNING **: gdkgc-win32.c:934: ReleaseDC failed

Gdk-WARNING **: gdkgc-win32.c:934: ReleaseDC failed

I haven't played with it enough, but it looks great, and easier to use than Visio which I have to use for flow charts for software documentation that I work on.

I am a technical writer with good computer skills in the Windoze world and weak in FreeBSD.

Thank you for your kind attention to this.

Allen Schaaf