Re: UrShape definition Part IV: Full header (?)

Andre Kloss wrote:

Hi folks, especially John and Cyrille, since you two seem to give the
most constructive feedback.

As you may (or may not) know, time is of the essence for my purpose,
so I'm seeking help _fast_. The UrShape is now somehow defined, but
still far from implementation.

What we need are the needed callbacks ready to implement. Then we can
try and implement them, so we see where the hooks and angles are.

NOTES: I have renamed the Container to UrContainer, since I found a
Container in dia/app/gtkwrapbox.h and I want to disambiguate. I added
a list of borders for the UrContainers, where the layout information
can be stored. In this scope, relative[width|height] become obsolete.

There are still some open Qs from the last proposal:

How can UrShapes interact? If a UrShape is dragged over a (free)
UrContainer, it should snap into it until dragged out again. Any
UrContainer that has means of containing another UrShape should resize
to make place for one if one's dragged over. How does a UrShape know
what UrContainer it is over?

H'mm,  me thinks this is a bit complicated.  Are we trying to make this
into a widget layout program like Glade?  I don't think interaction with
containers is necessary, at least for the first iteration of UrShape.
Containers are just there to hold a small subset of GTK+ widgets.  I would
think it were pretty annoying if I were dragging a shape across container
and it was suddenly sucked in.  This might be good for a separate shape
creation mode to make it easy to create new shapes but for right now doing
them by hand with the UrShape DTD would be the best thing.

What _do_ we have to implement?

We need to implement _first_:
* Rendering on the dia canvas
* Grab points for manually resizing
* Layout based on containers
* A simple widget to test container layout
* Load UrShape files
* Save UrShapes within Dia documents