Re: More keybindings, 2nd thoughts...

Alan Horkan wrote:

Rob Campbell wrote:

Alan,

That was me:)  <Ctrl>+F would be a good replacement.
But what about plain F

Ctrl+F would be more consistant

That's one problem with standards (UI or otherwise).
Why shouldn't my graphics application use [a-zA-Z] as
efficient, intuitive shortcuts, just because a word
processor can't?  Solidworks (a mid-range CAD program)
has a great set of default bindings that make it nice to
use:

f  zoom full (view all or <ctrl>+a in Dia)
w  zoom window
p  pan
z  zoom out (Dia uses -)
Z  zoom in (Dia uses = (unshifted +))
b  back (last view coordinates and zoom level - a
feature I'd love Dia to have, BTW)
et cetera

I've assinged as many logical, single key shortcuts to
Dia functions as Dia will allow.  Unfortunately, that's
not all of them.

I'm looking forward to your work.  More key bindings are
better than fewer.  But please take care to reassign
shortcuts, not just replace them.

Thanks,
Rob Campbell
rob campbell att net