Re: [gnome-desktop-testing] [LDTP-Dev] [RFC]Firefox test scripts for review

On Wed, 2012-04-11 at 19:24 -0700, Nagappan Alagappan wrote:
> Hi Poornima,
>

> I'm not convinced with firefox.py. I see the following issues:
>

> * its not generic
> * It doesn't handle any exception, say if you have test script 1 to
> 10, if the test fails for some reason and throws any exception in test
> 2, tests starting 3 to 10 won't be executed
> * The test doesn't put back to the old state, I mean if some exception
> happens, all the current window should be closed and should be smooth
> for the next test
Exception handling got skipped from my thinking, I will implement it.

> Other comments from IRC:
>

> * Create a readme file with version of Firefox, Linux distribution
sure will do that, it is required for our internal purpose also
> * Add respective license / author files
Will do that
> * Move 'frm*MozillaFirefox' and other object names to some common
> file, so changing things will be at one place, will be really helpful
> at later point, if you are planing for i18n / l10n. Just change that
> file content with appropriate locale text and your scripts are ready
> for localization testing
Fine
> * time module imported couple of times in navigation.py
will modify this
> * Comment navigation.py line#57, verifyabout.py line#46,
> verifynewtab.py line#40
> * Use wait instead of time.sleep
> * Additional space between url and = in verifynewtab.py
>

> Additional comments:
>

> * Don't use space between the function name and open bracket, ex:
> instead of 'log (' use 'log('
> * Maybe you can use 'if not waittillguinotexist('window')' instead
> of 'if waittillguinotexist('window') == 0'
> * At end of the complete test execution, application should exit

sure these changes will be done. I was doubtful about the way XML data
is extracted and used, so did not concentrate on coding and other
aspects.
Will do that and start sending patches.