[gnome-desktop-testing] Some questions about style

Hello,

While looking at a merge proposal, I saw a pattern that was repeated multiple times:

if <condition>:
	raise AssertionError, <comment>

I understand that the use of "assert" statement in a testing library is
discouraged since it isn't executed when optimizations are activated so the
if/raise lines here are completely fine.

However, I was thinking that as many testing libraries provide their own
assertion methods, perhaps mago TestSuite base class should do it also. Do you
agree on this? Do you think is there any other behaviour that would be worth to add?

Best regards,
    Javier