[gnome-desktop-testing] Mago discovery method + make check

Hello all!

The Ayatana team [1] are using mago for their acceptance tests as part of their "make check" tests. They were using a version of mago that didn't include the discovery methods.
When they upgraded to the newest mago, the tests didn't run anymore.

The problem is that discovery only searches in the subfolders, but not the current folder. That won't work to integrate in a make check, as mago will be called directly from the tests folder. I have reported this as bug 445216 [2].

The other problem that they are having, is that mago always returns 0 (success). They would like it to return non-zero if no tests were found or a test case failed. I have reported this as bug 444608 [3].

As these are important changes I wanted to start a discussion about them on the mailing list, to see what people think. I am specially interested in the return 0 one, as it may affect some of the integration with other test runners (checkbox???)

Thanks,
Ara.

[1] https://launchpad.net/~ayatana
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/mago/+bug/445216