Re: [gnome-desktop-testing] Using Launchpad as the main repository

I was involved in bzr-git development (which is used for this LP
feature). LP won't be able to automatically push to GNOME Git, it
works the other way around, any pushes to Git will be reflected on LP.
Two way mirroring is something i bike shedded about for GNOME before
we moved to Git and its problematic...

You can use bzr-git to work against both bzr branches and git branches.

However...

The mapping between Git and Bzr is not perfect. Whilst i was of the
opinion the mapping was sufficient to be able to provide a git server
that stored everything in bazaar and provided git and bzr access to
the same repository, if you try to work in both Git and Bzr you will
come unstuck.

Not sure how the code has progressed but i believe the only supported
push mechanism is dpush which will by default rebase after a push so
that the contents of your bzr branch matches the git repository. If
you have shared the bzr hosted code with someone and then push your
branch will now be diverged from the copy of your branch. You can turn
off rebasing but this just causes the problem in the other direction..

John