Re: [gnome-desktop-testing] Using Launchpad as the main repository

Yes,

SVN is now deprecated in GNOME, GIT is now used.

So, yes, we should move to a GIT import (eventually).

Cheers,
Ara.

Javier Collado wrote:
Hello,

I've just seen this:
http://blog.launchpad.net/code/git-branch-imports-now-in-public-beta

and I'm wondering if it would make things easier to have a git import instead of
a svn import. What do you think?

Best regards,
    Javier

Eitan Isaacson wrote:
Yeah, it has been fairly complicated...

I think we should keep the upstream/distro-neutral codebase. It would
just require a bit of discipline, if we keep just this one rule, maybe
it will be manageable:
- Merges go just one direction, from the GNOME tree to the LP tree.

And from that the following is derived:
- Anything that is not Ubuntu-specific should go directly to the GNOME
git tree.
- Non-GNOME module tests should go to the LP bzr tree.

I am not volunteering for any special roles here, so those are just my
2c :)