Re: Looking for unit tests written for GNOME 2 back in 2004

On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 9:12 AM Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> wrote:

Perhaps:

 https://gitlab.gnome.org/Archive/gtkvts

These were contributed by Sun when they got involved with GNOME, and
were later used in the LSB test framework.

I have to say that these tests, while very extensive, were not
developed together with the GTK+ code base, so they tended to test the
API at a superficial level, rather than trying to ensure correct
functionality of the library. They also will have little relevance to
current versions of GNOME.

Realized this sounds wrong - of course they tried to ensure the
correct functionality of the library - and they did find bugs and
regressions. What I meant was that because they were separately
developed, the GTK+ maintainers weren't actively contributing test
cases for new functionality, for tricky corner cases, or when
regressions were found.

Regards,
Owen