Re: [GitLab] Akismet enabled, report if you get constant ReCaptchas

Hey Michael,

Bu... seems Akismet false positives are still there.

Seems pretty stupid/weird to only show recaptcha when editing the firstĀ
comment?

The reason of that it's because spam bots put comments that look valid and then later on they edit them, so admins or other developers don't catch them immediately. They are pretty "smart"...

Keep us updated on the regularity you get these recaptchas and if they become too invasive.

On Sat, 30 Mar 2019 at 19:17, Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro gnome org> wrote:

On 03/28/2019 05:45 AM, Carlos Soriano wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just a quick heads up, spam bots have started to put comments in
> issues, so we are trying to enable again a quite strong spam
> protection called Akismet.
>
> In the past we disabled it because false positives fire a ReCaptcha,
> and for some people those were happening constantly. So now that we
> have reenabled Akismet, let Andrea Veri or me know if ReCaptchas are
> being fired for you repetitively.
>
> Have a good day!

I'm getting recaptchas whenever I edit the first comment in an issue
report. That's annoying.

I can edit other comments and can post issues and comments with no
recaptcha. That's good.

Seems pretty stupid/weird to only show recaptcha when editing the first
comment?

Michael