Re: System-wide dark mode

    I've been meaning to reply somewhere in this thread... I am a user
of the dark theme via the tweak tool.

In the GNOME 2 days, we did some effort in Glade to ensure that we were
compatible with HCI themes (high contrast invert as we called them), as
I recall we also ensured on a GNOME wide level that our icons were
compatible with HCI themes - likely many GTK+ apps ported forward from
the GNOME 2 days will already work well out of the box with a dark
theme due to previous efforts.

While I did not use the HCI themes back then, I really like the dark
theme that I have been using with GNOME 3.