Re: preparing for a new gtk-doc release

On Wed, 2019-02-13 at 21:58 +0100, Stefan Sauer wrote:
hi,

did anyone try the new 'no-xslt' toolchain yet? In configure.ac all
you need to do is:

-GTK_DOC_CHECK([1.14])
+GTK_DOC_CHECK([1.29],[--flavour no-xslt])

The m4 file shows the macro only taking one argument:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk-doc/blob/master/buildsystems/autotools/gtk-doc.m4#L31

GTK_DOC_CHECK([minimum-gtk-doc-version])

Or is this not the canonical version of the m4 macro?

for meson/cmake I have no idea and would gladly take patches. The

Which one of the tools does this "--flavour" argument end up being
passed to?

Which arguments get passed to which tool, for meson, is documented
here:
http://mesonbuild.com/Gnome-module.html#gnomegtkdoc

advantage of the new toolchain is that you won't need xsltproc +
docbook-stylesheets and that it is much faster, but instead a few
more
python modules - see README:

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk-doc/blob/master/README

If you try it out, you might see some warnings of not yet supported
docbook tags. If you encounter stuff that is not easy to get rid of,
please let me know (eg file a bug report).

I also look forward to get before after numbers.

If I don't get any bug reports in the coming week, I'll cut a 1.30
release.
Stefan