Re: GitLab mirror considered harmful

On Mon, 2019-02-04 at 14:36 +0000, Alberto Ruiz wrote:
Maybe opening an issue in GitLab that points to the original PR so
that the maintainer can persuade the original PR author? Is this
something maintainers would find acceptable?

        Hi,
apart of duplicated space and work, that won't work for those whom do
not have an account on GitHub.

Why would not contributors accept the fact that GNOME hosts its
sources, bug tracker, ... in its own infrastructure? Do you think
contributors won't find the sources and so on, when they are only under
gnome.org umbrella? If I'd need to contribute to some project, I simply
accept code-of-conduct and the way the project does those things,
instead of trying to work on some mirror (where different rules can
apply).
        Bye,
        Milan