Re: Sound Juicer support and/or EoL

On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 11:14 PM Kevin Degeling <contact kevindegeling nl> wrote:

Hey All,

After reporting an issue related to Sound Juicer, I discovered that the project has been mostly abandoned.
There is still a valuable pull request open (https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/sound-juicer/merge_requests/2)
but for the most part active maintainance has stopped. This puts the application on a crossroads:

- Approve pending pull requests and assign a new owner, if only for minimal maintainance.
- End of Life the project, and inform all downstream projects (Fedora, Ubuntu et al) te remove it from
their repositories in future releases.

I lean towards the first. The application is mostly functional so I wouldn't throw the baby out with the
bath water. A few small patches (Like the one linked) can keep it going for a few more years.

Hi, yeah I think that the problem today is that cd rip and burning for
music is a bit outdated, probably would be better to transform it to a
phone transfer
music app or a burning to USB one. YOu know what I mean, but surely
its a nice app, I used it in the past quite some.

Kind regards,

Kevin

ps. First time ever on a mailing list, so please let me know if I'm way to formal or if I make a very Dutch
impression.
Welcome, all was ok :)
Rgds
Saxa