Re: Proposal: Replace all references to master/slave in GNOME modules

Hard to believe this is a serious discussion that we're actually having.

On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 7:02 AM, jtojnar--- via desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org> wrote:
On Thu, 25 Apr, 2019 at 11:21 AM, Daniel Playfair Cal via desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org> wrote:
"master/slave" -> "leader/follower"

Please note that leader/follower terms are commonly associated with exploitation of people by cults and should be avoided as well.

Since it's impossible to tell what the intended tone here is: was this a serious request to avoid the terminology, or a joke intended to make a point? (I'm guessing the later?)