Re: [GitLab] Gravatar vs libravatar

Hi,

On Tue, 2018-09-04 at 11:24 -0400, Nicolas Dufresne wrote:
I'm surely not
the only one that isn't going that extreme in keeping control over
couple of my pictures flying around and won't go that far.
This is much less about you than it is about other people visiting our
Web site.  AFAIU, we trick those people into telling a third party (i.e.
Gravatar) that they are visiting our Web site.  While people can patch
their browsers to disable such behaviour, we might feel better when not
doing that by default. Because.. you know.. we claim to value their
privacy.

Someone was going wild about the GPDR and claimed that GNOME would be
affected. If that's the case then we better not make ship code to our
visitors that exposes them to third parties.

Cheers,
  Tobi